Software Engineer QA (Automation)
Packlink is a fast-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for consumers and businesses.
Shipping is complex and small to medium-sized companies need a simple solution. With our technology, they can ship with the carrier of their choice and deliver a premium service to their customers.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 27 in production
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up to the challenge?
- Event-oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities
- Docker containers from your local environment until production
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing test automation infrastructure and automated smoke, e2e & other tests.
- Work within a team to bring new functionalities to our platform
- Work with all of engineering to maintain and adapt the tests suite.
- Analyse new tools and trends in the testing environment.
- Work within the engineering team to build the next generation CI/CD pipeline.
What we are looking for:
- Communicating with technical and non-technical teams
- 3+ years of real, hands-on experience in QA automation in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of advanced QA techniques and tools: *box testing, testing pyramid, stress, performance, test artifacts, API testing, etc
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tool
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, ability to read in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- Have knowledge of a JVM language.
- Have Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Experience with SaaS CI tools (Circle CI, Travis CI, etc)
I’d be great if you:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 35,000 to € 45,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events
- Flexible working hours
- Remote when needed
- Paid vacation leave, birthday off
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station)
- Free English/Spanish/German classes
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.