Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
In Packlink we want to be the fastest-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for private customers and businesses. Shipping is a complex business and small to medium businesses need a solution to the problems shipping brings into their day to day work. With our technology, SMBs can improve their shipping experience delivering a premium service to their customers.
At Packlink Engineering team we are looking for our new colleagues, people eager to join a motivated high impact team to improve our product and systems. You'll find a friendly and welcoming work environment.
You will bring your people and leadership skills to work with talented people to understand their needs and help them progress through their career.
To achieve this we work in interdisciplinary teams with clearly defined responsibilities.
What you’ll find is
- The challenge of migrating a working application from Angular into React components.
- Implement the latest content management strategies with Gatsby + React.
- Help making frontend apps container friendly.
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- DevOps mentality.
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Actively advocate for high quality, well tested code by being the example to follow.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Monitor and troubleshoot software deployed in production.
- Provide insightful technical solutions to the problems at hand
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices; grow team’s excellence around frontend technologies and cloud technologies.
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of real, hands-on experience in frontend related work in a professional environment.
- High proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Working experience with Sass
- Advanced understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- You are not afraid of technical challenges, in fact you hunger for the impossible. You thrive on coding.
- Passionate about new technologies and problem solving. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, reading and speaking in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
- Work permit for the EU
It would be great if you have:
- Knowledge of AngularJS framework.
- Typescript or Flow experience.
- Experience with PostCSS.
- Knowledge of other programming languages (PHP, Java, Scala)
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Knowledge of microservices (or distributed systems) architecture is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 45,000 to € 55,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote when needed.
- Paid vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.