Engineer Manager QA (Automation)
Packlink is a fast-growing global provider of shipping services and technology.
We are building the best shipping platform for consumers and businesses.
Shipping is complex and small to medium-sized companies need a simple solution. With our technology, they can ship with the carrier of their choice and deliver a premium service to their customers.
The Packlink Engineering team is looking to incorporate hands-on Engineering Managers to help software developers unlock their full potential.
We are looking for someone with people and leadership skills capable of understanding developer needs, within interdisciplinary teams and clearly defined responsibilities..
What you’ll find is
- Microservices, microservices and microservices, with more than 27 in production
- More than 3.4K requests per minute... are you up for the challenge?
- Event oriented architecture
- A company with more than 15 nationalities.
- Docker containers from your local environment until production.
- DevOps mentality
- And much more!
What you will be doing:
As a Manager/Lead
- You will be working with up to 2 other talented engineers to help them unlock their potential. Given our organisational model they might be in different teams and with different priorities.
- Conducting regular 1:1s with every person you manage to give and receive feedback
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing high performing engineers
- Helping individuals determine the best way to reach their professional goals
- Managing performance and providing useful, timely feedback
- Guiding engineers to the right training courses, conferences, and potential stretch projects
- Coordinate with other Engineer Managers to have common strategies and goals regarding people growth.
- Contributing to management best practices: helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that we hire
- Participate in hiring processes and in the decision making of new candidates
- Hire and develop great people
- Maintain a supportive and engaging team culture
- Lead by example
- Report directly to the CTO
- Mentor other team members
As a QA engineer
- Designing and implementing the test automation strategy and automated tests.
- Work with all of engineering to maintain and adapt the tests suite.
- Work side by side with other software engineers to improve the tests
- Analyse new tools and trends in the testing environment
- Work within the engineering team to build the next generation CI/CD pipeline
- Reporting directly to the CTO
What we are looking for:
- Work permit for the EU.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical teams.
- 5+ years of real, hands-on experience in QA automation in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of advanced QA techniques and tools: *box testing, testing pyramid, stress, performance, test artifacts, API testing, etc
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tool.
- Experience with people management.
- Experience with at least one programming language.
- Understanding of OOP principles.
- Experience with VCS like git or Mercurial.
- Passionate about new technologies and problems to solve. You’re ready to offer fresh ideas.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, self-sufficient, but also a team oriented.
- Highly communicative, you’re able to work with multiple teams: internal and external team members, clients and providers.
- We are an international company, ability to read in English is needed.
- It would be valuable to have a degree in Computer Science or related technical/scientific discipline.
I’d be great if you:
- Have knowledge of the JVM.
- Have Scala Knowledge, is a big plus.
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Docker, Consul, RabbitMQ and other cloud-enabling technologies highly preferred.
- Experience with SaaS CI tools (Circle CI, Travis CI, etc)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary. We’re looking for the right person. Annual salary offer: from € 50,000 to € 65,000.
- Up to 2000€/year budget to improve your skills.
- Opportunity to attend and speak at local user groups as well as international events.
- Flexible working hours.
- Remote when needed.
- Paid 22 days vacation leave.
- Amazing location, amazing city: Madrid centre (next to Atocha station).
- Free English/Spanish/German classes.
- We care about you: gym membership or private health insurance, 100% free.
- Take your bday off and celebrate it the way you want it.